The Social and Ethics Committee (SEC) workshop is focused on the mandate and responsibilities of SECs as well as on leading practice in running an effective SEC.
What content is covered?
In the workshop the following themes are introduced and discussed:
- The concept of corporate governance
- The governance of ethics
- The governance of corporate citizenship
- The statutory mandate of SEC
- Leading practice in running an effective SEC, including:
- Purpose and role of SEC
- Terms of Reference
- Monitoring and reporting framework
- Relationship with other governing body committees
- Reporting to the governing body and the annual general meeting
This workshop can either be presented in a half-day or a full-day format.