We provide expert guidance to organisations regarding ethics governance and management.
What are ethics advisory services?
The governance and management of ethics in organisations is a demanding process, and one which is of increasing importance to internal and external stakeholders. The Ethics Institute has, over many years, cultivated expertise in the fields of ethics governance and management in both the public and private sectors. Our subject matter experts are able to provide guidance on all aspects of organisational ethics.
Ethics advisory is often the first step organisations take towards an ethical culture change or ethics intervention. The services are intended to generate useful insight and guidance that befits each organisation’s unique context.
What do the services cover?
While all advisory services can be tailored to the specific requirements of the organisation, they broadly cover the following areas:
- Governance structures
- Ethics management
- Internal audit and external reporting
- Ethical culture change interventions
- Code of ethics review and development
- Individual and group engagements to educate leaders in their roles and responsibilities in governing and managing ethics
- Individual and group engagements to share the tools required to build an ethical culture
Governance structures advisory
- Consultation with boards and board committees to clarify their roles and responsibilities in the governance of ethics
- Assisting social and ethics committees in tailoring their terms of reference, reporting frameworks and work plans, as well as aligning with other board committees
- Governance of Ethics Framework
Ethics management advisory
- Clarifying the roles and responsibilities of persons or functional divisions responsible for managing ethics in the organisation
- Advice on ethics assessments
- Advice on developing ethics management strategies and ethics management plans
- The implementation of ethics through, for example, training, communication and whistleblowing (safe reporting) mechanisms
- Advice on reporting of ethics performance to management or the governing body
Internal audit and external reporting
- Assisting internal audit teams in making an assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of the organisation’s ethics management
- Guiding organisations in how and what to report to external stakeholders on ethics
Ethical culture change interventions
- Assisting organisations in planning and executing ethical culture change interventions
- Providing guidance on approaches and instruments that could be used to gauge the ethical culture of the organisation
Code of ethics review and development
- Reviewing existing codes of ethics to ensure consistency and relevance as part of the organisation’s ethical culture
- Developing original codes of ethics that correspond to the organisation’s ethical vision
For queries, or to engage any of our advisory services, contact email@example.com.