The Safe Reporting / Whistleblowing workshop is focused on creating organisational cultures where reporters / whistle-blowers feel safe to report unethical conduct.
What content is covered?
In the workshop the following themes are introduced and discussed:
- The need for whistle-blowers
- Factors deterring employees from blowing the whistle
- Internal vs. external reporting of misconduct
- Profile of, and triggers for, a whistle-blower
- What goes through the mind of a whistle-blower
- Creating a culture of supporting and encouraging protected disclosures
- The Protected Disclosures Act, including:
- Impact on organisations
- Requirements for protection
The duration of the workshop is a full day.